POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fog & media together? : Re: Fog & media together? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fog & media together?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 26 May 2003 12:49:58
Message: <3ed245b6@news.povray.org>

3ed026bb@news.povray.org...
> Or how can I get a background fog that's only in the background and
doesn't
> interact with the foreground?

Do you use turbulent fog ? It's known to cause problems with media.
Otherwise you can try using a fog that points to -z instead of up.
fog{
    fog_type 2
    fog_alt 10
    distance 30
    rgb 1
    up -z
}
The trick is useful to get a very foggy and close background (starting at
z=-fog_alt I presume) with a clear foreground. No guarantee it's going to
solve your problem though, and of course it's no longer a ground fog...

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com